mercredi 17 décembre 2014

Christmas thoughts..

Seasonal greetings to the world. One of the upsides of skin cancer operations is being able to write some stuff and wow it is Christmas. Frankly this year it couldn't come fast enough. I got the sense that people hastened for that Christmas spirit this year, even here in France where Christmas doesn't assume the same mega proportions as it does in the UK, or maybe some other countries. You know why? I think it has something to do with just how depressing the world is right now.

I want to spend a good few weeks enjoying the counter spirit of Christmas, which is about all celebration what is right in this world. I want to celebrate Christmas with enjoyment, fun, and pleasure with people I love and care for. I want the magic of carols, a Christmas tree, mulled wine, and good food. I want to enjoy family, celebrate the God of love, and the source of love. And I want to celebrate this in the face ISIS or Daesh. I want to say, yes I know that Daesh are rounding up christians, and other minorities, beheading innocents,  raping women and selling girls into slavery. Even though there is a rise of islamism in the world imposing sharia law on people, banning music, imposing rules on everyone especially women, stoning people to death, executing people who listen to radio or whatever arbitary evil they have decided to ban. Even this week we have seen another crazy IS inspired criminal who hijacked a cafe in Australia, followed closely by news of a Taliban attack on a school killing 134 school kids in their crazed struggle to prevent education and thinking. I haven't even mentioned the crises in Ukraine, government cuts, the economic crises or Ebola, or another murderous cycle of war in Palestine. But I am still going to celebrate good news, in fact the best news - that God did not leave this world abandoned. He loves us and is with us.

"For God so loved the world that He gave....His one and only Son, that all who believe in him might not perish but have life"

God so loved the world that He gave...Jesus to the world, Jesus to be crucified so we could go free, so we could know the Father again. God is love. This is what the world is lacking right now. Islamism is religion without love. God so loved the world that He gave. Whatever motivates these people it isn't love, and somehow the greatest weapon we have against darkness is love, goodness and light often carried out by ordinary people in seemingly insignificant acts of kindness day to day.

This Chrismas I am going to hug my kids a little closer for a little longer, before I release them again into the world.

I am declaring my own jihad against this god of Radical Islam, I am going to love people more boldly, and that of course that absolutely includes people of Islamic faith.

Happy Christmas




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire